By Philip T. Cagle MD, Timothy C. Allen MD JD, Roberto Barrios MD, Carlos Bedrossian MD, Megan K. Dishop MD, Armando Fraire MD, Abida K. Haque MD, Keith M. Kerr MD, Alvaro C. Laga MD, Mary L. Ostrowski MD, Anna Sienko MD
Prepared by way of well known specialists in pulmonary pathology, this accomplished and profusely illustrated text-atlas offers a multimodality method of the analysis of lung disease—preparing you to stand your subsequent problem with confidence.
For the working towards pathologist, the booklet presents a roadmap to swifter, extra exact analysis of lung disease...and for the man, resident, or pupil, it's an fundamental examine device, excellent whilst getting ready for tests or subspecialty Board certification.
Precise prognosis of lung pathology starts off here.
- Unmatched coverage addresses the whole spectrum of lung pathology—from lung melanoma and emphysema to infectious ailments and transplant-related problems—with in-depth fabric on universal, infrequent, and newly defined sickness entities.
- Detailed discussions of the gross, cytologic, and histologic beneficial properties of every illness increase your figuring out and sharpen your diagnostic skills.
- Expert authors allow you to make the most of their years of diagnostic experience.
- Over 1,100 full-color illustrations display serious info from between a huge diversity of findings, bought utilizing the most recent diagnostic modalities.
- Use of the most up-tp-date class schemes in lung disease assures you of the most up-tp-date, exact guidelines.
- Special topics deal with the demanding situations of drug-related lung difficulties, forensic pathology, pediatric pulmonary pathology, and more.
Read or Download Color atlas and text of pulmonary pathology PDF
Similar pulmonary & thoracic medicine books
Hypersensitivity is now rising as a entrance line medical and clinical self-discipline of serious significance. in the topic, there were substantial advances some time past decade in knowing the underlying mechanism of allergic reaction and the illnesses linked to it. while, we've seen an unlimited elevate in occurrence of allergic ailment worldwide, and especially in western nations as a result of adjustments in environmental components.
Orphan Lung illnesses: A scientific consultant to infrequent Lung disorder offers a entire, clinically targeted textbook on infrequent and so-called ‘orphan’ pulmonary illnesses. The publication is orientated in the direction of the diagnostic procedure, together with manifestations suggesting the affliction, diagnostic standards, equipment of diagnostic affirmation, and differential analysis, with an outline of administration.
Lung Transplantation: ideas and perform covers the present perform in donor and recipient administration in addition to present therapy concepts and results. With 39 chapters from foreign specialists within the box, the ebook is split into 4 vast sections: common themes, Donor administration, Recipient administration and consequence, and the way forward for Lung Transplantation.
- International Classification of HRCT for Occupational and Environmental Respiratory Diseases
- Pulmonary edema
- Occupational and Environmental Cancers of the Respiratory System
- Clinical Scenarios in Thoracic Surgery
- Bronchial Asthma: Principles of Diagnosis and Treatment
- Tobacco or Health?: Physiological and Social Damages Caused by Tobacco Smoking
Extra info for Color atlas and text of pulmonary pathology
5 This transbronchial biopsy has penetrated and sampled pleura with mesothelial cells, resulting in an unexpected finding that may be confusing. 7 GMS stain of a cotton fiber may give a false impression of a fungal organism. 6 Examination of this transbronchial biopsy with polarized light shows birefringent ordinary dust, dirt, and fibers that have accumulated on the slide in the laboratory and should not be mistaken for foreign materials from the patient’s lung. Cagle_Sec02_ch7-9_019-032 8/9/04 10:00 AM Page 24 Cagle_Sec02_ch7-9_019-032 8/9/04 10:00 AM Page 25 Reactive Changes, Nonspecific Findings, and Age-Related Changes .
Cagle The pleura is the serous membrane that covers the lung and thoracic pleural cavity. The lung sits within the thoracic cavity. The visceral pleura covers the outer surface of the lung parenchyma, and the parietal pleura covers the inner surface of the thoracic cavity, creating a pleural cavity between them. Under normal conditions, the pleural cavity contains only a thin film of liquid that acts as a lubricant, facilitating the sliding of the two surfaces against each other during respiratory movements.
Cagle_Sec02_ch7-9_019-032 8/9/04 10:00 AM Page 28 Cagle_Sec02_ch7-9_019-032 8/9/04 10:00 AM Page 29 Noncellular Structures . . . A variety of noncellular structures may be incidentally observed in lung tissue samples. They may be produced endogenously in both pathologic and nonpathologic conditions or may be exogenous materials inhaled into the lungs. The exogenous and endogenous materials associated with specific disease conditions are discussed elsewhere, including Chapters 35, 55, 59, 64, 78, 79, 80, 85, 125, 126, and 127.
Color atlas and text of pulmonary pathology by Philip T. Cagle MD, Timothy C. Allen MD JD, Roberto Barrios MD, Carlos Bedrossian MD, Megan K. Dishop MD, Armando Fraire MD, Abida K. Haque MD, Keith M. Kerr MD, Alvaro C. Laga MD, Mary L. Ostrowski MD, Anna Sienko MD